Here are some tips that will help you make the most of your first visit to Seminole Trail Animal Hospital:
- Please plan to arrive a few minutes prior to your appointment time to fill out paperwork OR print out our New Client Information Sheet to bring in with you on your first visit.
- If you have more than one furry friend, please use the Additional Pets form as well.
- Adopted a new pet? Please bring your pet’s adoption papers and their current vaccination history.
- New to our clinic? Please bring a copy of your pet’s vaccine and past medical history for our Doctors to review. They will be added to your pet’s permanent record with us. If necessary, you may ask your previous veterinarian to fax the records to us in advance at 407-366-5969.
- We have found it beneficial to prepare a list of questions or concerns to bring with you on your first visit. There can be a lot of distraction for both you and your pet, and even the most important questions may be forgotten!
If your pet has been scheduled for an upcoming surgery, the night prior:
- Withhold all food, treats, and water after midnight.
- Consult with your doctor if you are currently administering any medications, vitamins, and/or injections.
On the scheduled day of surgery, please drop your pet off between 8:00 am and 9:00 am.
For your convenience, you may print and fill out the Surgery Release Form prior to your pet’s procedure. Please read the form carefully and sign and initial where indicated. If you have questions about any portion of this form, please feel free to contact us or you may speak with a member of our staff when you come in for surgery.
Our team knows surgery can be an anxious time and we are always available to answer any and all questions concerning the upcoming procedure. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 407-366-4486.
Will you be traveling and your furry friend can’t go?
Put your mind at ease while you’re away by boarding your pet in an environment that emphasizes safety and cleanliness. Boarding is available for our clients’ dogs and cats. All animals must be current on all of their vaccinations and have a current negative fecal check for intestinal parasites. All animals must be free of fleas and ticks to be boarded.
The following forms are to be completed prior to boarding your pet with us. These forms are kept in your client file and reviewed and updated each time your pet returns for boarding.
Please feel free to contact our staff with any questions or for additional information about our boarding services.